I am not going to argue that this dish is healthy J, because it is not, not by far. It is such a hit among my kids, that it eaten almost before it reaches the table J
It also a fun dish to make while it combines different techniques. You will have to do the Béchamel Sauce, the Homemade Pasta, the meat source. As it is a heavy dish, is it very wise to combine it with some lime, I can recommend making the Broccoli Salad with Lime as a side dish, it will suite it perfectly.
- A few good slices of good spicy smoked chorizo. If you do not have this, try with crispy bacon instead.
- 1kg lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cans of crushed tomatoes. To avoid the metallic taste of canned food, is wise to add a little sugar to the source.
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Homemade Pasta plates, I recommend making plates from 300g four.
- A lot of cheese
- Béchamel Sauce
In a Dutch oven, ground beef and garlic over medium heat until well browned. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and water. Season with sugar, basil, 1 tablespoon salt, pepper. Simmer, covered, for about 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.