A table without Pebre in Chile, is a half done table. It is often enjoyed by dipping Marraquetas into a dish of pebre. It is also very popular “chorípan” made with chorizo on a Marraqueta.
- 1 Finely chopped large onion
- 3 Finely chopped cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoons red chili pepper paste
- 1 Finely chopped red pepper
- 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- A lot of finely chopped cilantro leaves
- A lot of finely chopped parsley leaves
- 4 Tomatoes.
- Salt and pepper to season
Roughly chop tomatoes and peppers. Finely chop the remaining ingredients (and I do mean finely) and mix it. It can be stored in refrigerator for up to one week. It will taste spicier the day after you make it.
And advice on pebre. When invited to a Chilian home, do remember to compliment the pebre, there is a lot of pride being put into it. Making suggestions for changes is seldom welcome J.
2 thoughts on “Pebre – Chilean Chile Pepper Salsa”
Rico! Y la marraqueta de donde la sacaste?
Yo cocino las marraquetas 🙂 https://guldmann.wordpress.com/2014/03/11/marraqueta/